The Inclusive Digital Safety Forum - Registration
Community Rules for the Inclusive Digital Safety Forum
If you have not registered with us for an account, you will not be able to start a thread or reply to a post. In registering for an account you agree to use the Site in accordance with these Community Rules.
You are also referred to the Forum’s Privacy Notice.
The Inclusive Digital Safety Forum is operated by South West Grid for Learning Trust, a Company by limited by guarantee registered in England under company number 05589479.
Registered address: Belvedere House Pynes Hill, Woodwater Park, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5WS.
Thank you for participating in our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all users of the Inclusive Digital Safety Forum, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By registering to use the Forum you;
- agree that you have read and will follow these Community Rules
- warrant to us that you are over 18 years of age
- confirm that you are participating in a professional capacity i.e. you work in the education sector or you have expertise in use of the internet and social media by young people
- confirm that your user name does not identify you in any way whether nickname or given name or a school or business
- agree to reserve forum discussions for topics best suited to the medium, to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation
- acknowledge that all material posted is available to the public as such you will not;
- include the personal data of other individuals in your posts unless you have their consent to do so
- make any other references which would identify the individual
- shall post your message only to the most appropriate topic(s). Do not spam several topics with the same message
- will only include your own content in posts. You must be truthful and factual, and opinions and unsubstantiated statements must be acknowledged as such. You must not mislead or misquote, or attempt to impersonate or pose as another person when posting
- shall use comments and contributions to forum threads or posts that are descriptive, succinct, and relevant to discussion or forum topic
- shall not use a post to post, transmit or provide hyperlinks or pointers to press releases, newsletters, websites, or any other type of content that promote a commercial business, product or service or does not address the thread's topic
- shall engage in open and candid discussions and debates but ensure that all communications should be civil and polite so that users treat each other with respect and consideration for all points of view.
- agree not to use any obscene or offensive language or to place on the Forum any material that is defamatory, abusive, or hateful, misleading, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy; that otherwise violates any law; or that encourages conduct constituting a criminal offence
- agree to use the Forum only for lawful purposes.
- agree that your posts will adhere to intellectual property law, including copyright law. You must not post, upload, download or otherwise exchange copyright protected material through the forums. Material extracted from copyright protected sources must be referenced. You may be held liable for breaches in copyright, or other, law broken as a result of your posts.
As the operator of the Inclusive Digital Safety Forum we reserve the right to;
- remove messages, material or parts thereof at our sole discretion if considered to be offensive or contrary to these Community Rules
- remove, suspend or block access to any material which we believe is in breach of these Community Rules, at our sole discretion
- ask you to change your or cease to use a user name if it does identify you, a school or business
- make disclosures of your contact details: As we set out in our Privacy Notice, we do not, as a rule, pass on any of the information you have registered with us, unless you specifically consent to us doing so or we are specifically required to by law or where your post includes defamatory content and we receive a request to disclose the details we hold about you
- modify these Community Rules from time to time without notice and at our sole discretion
Exclusions and Indemnity Notice:
As the user of the Inclusive Digital Safety Forum, you accept sole liability for any content you post to the Forum. You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against and costs, claims, damages, liability, legal fees, loss and other expenses we may incur resulting from your post(s) or other communications using the Forum.
The Forum will be crawled by search engines, and so forum posts and topics may appear in search results for search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo and others. We do not accept responsibility for search engine results that may include public forum posts.
We expressly exclude any liability to any party for damages or loss resulting from a breach of these Community Rules.
The posts on the Forum are the personal opinions of users and do not represent our views. We are not responsible for the content of Forum posts, and we do not certify any information on the forums as correct, worthy or accurate. You should treat any advice received under these considerations.
Queries and Complaints:
If you consider any user of the Forum is not adhering to the Community Rules please notify us using the “!” button on the post. We will then review the post and take appropriate measures.
If you have any query about the Community Rules or our operation of the Inclusive Digital Safety
Forum please contact us using the details below: Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0345 601 3203